Thursday 8 April 2010

Leaflet Dev

I thought adding an image might make the text become a bit more engaging but it only took the attention away from the type which is the main focus of the leaflet.


I did look at a couple of other images but felt this was one of the stronger ones

I looked at reducing the image to a single band across the bottom which i felt balanced it out more.

I looked at making the headers stand out more so the categories were more apparent so it helped divide the text up more.

I felt a band of double yellow lines could work instead of the image at helping to keep the focus on the type and i feel it does work better it keeping it more about the facts and info than the imagery.

I looked at using a lighter font for the headers but the whole layout didn't still look engaging.

I again looked at trying to add the image in a way which didn't distract from the type.

I wasn't sure the image or the light header were really working because the headers didn't really stand out enough to divide up the sections and the image didn't really relate to anything so,

i replaced the image with a quote to help break up the text a bit and i felt the section for the facts was looking a little empty so i thought about expanding it across the two columns but i felt it just made the text look a bit out place. I started thinking of layout of more in terms of a newspaper, with header, subtext and then the article. I felt it was a suitable way of breaking up the text and dividing up the various sections.

I set about moving the facts into a single column as i felt that that section didn't sit well with the rest of the layout.

I looked at moving the subtext across into one column and picking a quote from the text to try and have each section follow more of the same layout which i think it works better and more structured.



With the space available i looked at picking more appropriate image which felt worked better than the previous attempts at adding an image. But i was still left with the gap in the facts section which i didn't want so i thought about using a letter from the title rather than an image.


No comments:

Post a Comment